Live Stream Replays
In-person Church ServicesDuring COVID-19 Pandemic
The Surrey SDA Church welcomes our members and friends from all backgrounds to worship with us. We are following the Public Health guidelines with a limit of 50 attendees for in-person services. As seating is limited, we require all those who wish to attend to pre-register.
How do I pre-register for in-person service?
- Contact the church office at (604) 591-2922 or email email@example.com.
- Inform the church secretary of the number of family members in your household who will be attending and the preferred date.
- Please wait for the church secretary to contact you and confirm availability before you and your household attend.
I am a Surrey SDA member; do I have to register each week?
- Due to the limited seating, you are required to register each week.
- Our registration has three (3) levels of intake:
- Worship participants;
- Surrey SDA members; and
- Visitors and friends
Who should NOT attend in-person service but rather continue watching online?
- Anyone with COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms (new or worsening cough, fever, sore throat, chest pain, difficulty breathing etc.).
- Anyone who has been exposed (direct contact) to someone that has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Anyone who doesn’t feel comfortable to worship in-person.
What do I need to know about entering the building and sanctuary?
- You will need to monitor your own physical distancing at all times.
- There will be markings (arrows) on the floor giving direction for movement.
- You may only enter the building from the doors designated for entry.
- You will be required to check in at registration and confirm that you have no COVID-19 symptoms and provided with hand sanitizer to use before entering the sanctuary.
- Someone will check off the name of your family group and ensure that we have up-to-date contact information.
- A deacon will direct you to the next available seat for the size of your group. Please understand that you are not allowed to choose your seat and must not change locations.
- All families living under the same roof are requested to sit together.
What is the seating arrangement in the sanctuary?
- Seats have been marked to accommodate singles and family.
- The two outer pews are marked for single attendees.
- The two inner pews are for couples and families.
Will washrooms be available?
- All washrooms will be open and available for use.
- If you are seated in the sanctuary and need to use the washroom, please exit using the back-exit doors (next to the Mother’s room and/or Personal Ministries room).
- When re-entering the sanctuary, you will be required to walk back to the Welcome Centre and use the main entrance doors.
How will I exit the building?
- At the end of the service, the main entrance doors to the sanctuary will be closed.
- Side exit doors to the front and the back of the sanctuary will remain open.
- Someone will give instructions for exiting the sanctuary.
Outer pews closest to the exit doors will leave first, followed by inner pews.
- Worshippers will not be allowed to re-enter the Welcome Centre.
- Although it is difficult, we ask that the sanctuary not be used as a “hang out” space. Please feel free to greet others in a creative fashion (no hand shaking, no hugging) while maintaining social distancing in the parking lot.
Your cooperation and understanding of these guidelines are greatly appreciated. We hope and pray that these will address any concerns that you may have as we worship together. Please recognize that these guidelines are fluid and subject to change at any time according to Provincial Public Health and BC Conference of SDA Churches.